Saturday, February 4, 2012

Another Season

Second day of living in Lynchburg.

I've discovered, once again, that God provides.

Whether it's a friend who was willing to cook me dinner, a Comcast Sales Rep who had a ton of connections, random encouragement, or something as simple as getting a picture to hang (mostly) straight, I've seen some incredible instances of God's provision in this new chapter of my life. A new season, as I've come to realize it. I've discovered that I've walked through various seasons of life during the past 22 years. There was everything in childhood leading up to graduating from high school, then a four year adventure at Tech, then eight months of summer/fall that included a temporary job, and now this new place and upcoming job. It's amazing to think about as I've reflected on this to varying degrees the past month or so. Incredible to see the changes in myself and others as the years go by.

But as I think of the new chapter of life ahead of me, I'm drawn back to remembering the impact and influence of past seasons. Most recently my time at Tech. It was such a time of discovery and motion. And even now, as my life has shifted locations, I feel connected to my Hokie family. As my friend Franklin told me, we are connected by bonds far stronger than distance. As I got to hang out with a couple friends from Tech today in Lynchburg, I was reminded of that. Such a blessing.

And so I begin this next chapter of my life. May I remember the lessons I've been taught. One of which I've noticed has been to be as outgoing and friendly as possible. Whether it was helping a lady load her groceries or chatting with a man at a local diner, a smile and helping hand are always good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment