Sunday, January 8, 2012

making everything new

Well, I'm (almost) an employee of FleetwoodGoldcoWyard in Lynchburg, VA. All I have to do is fill out the acceptance letter and inform the HR representative. My first official fulltime job after graduation. I chose this position over a place in Pennsylvania for a variety of reasons. But anyway, you could say it's the biggest life/career/location decision I've made since I decided to attend Tech. And a great way to start 2012.

God spoke through the prophet Isaiah (43:19): "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

So here goes. I can't really comprehend it yet. I am excited and nervous about the new opportunities and challenges that are about to begin. The only thing I know for sure is that the God who has brought me through college and through life so far is actively working among the people and situations I'll run into in a few weeks. I can't wait to see what's next. Throughout my life He has been making things new, whether it is my friends, my relationships, my thought processes, and my perspective on life. One thing I've learned is that life is very dynamic; it always changes from day to day. May I have the courage and determination to walk through these changes with peace and boldness.

In the words of my friend Franklin, "God is leading us, He is guiding us, He is with us, and He is for us. That changes everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment